Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have finally tied the knot. After months of speculation on when the two would finally jump the broom, they did in Florence at the Ford di Belvedere this weekend. With this being the largest wedding of the year, of course, everyone wanted to know what they worse, who was their, what they did and how they did it. Thanks to the photo booth and Instagram fans were able to get a sense of some of the night’s festivities. Below are a few more details that were left out of Instagram.
- The ceremony was held at Fort di Belvedere, a castle dating back to the 16th century in Florence, which cost the two an estimated $400,000.
- The two wore custom outfits, created by Riccardo Tisci and Givenchy. Baby North also wore Givenchy. I wonder how much he charged his friends.
- Pastor Rich Wilkerson Jr., who West considers a spiritual advisor married the newlyweds. The two met the Leo De-Cap look-alike after attending one of his services in Miami. They connected instantly and attend every time they’re in town. He’s the guy Ye looked to for advice when he needed help portraying Jesus for one of his “Jesus Walks” performances.
- In a 20-minute
toastrant, Kanye referred to his wife as “the ideal celebrity…the ideal art” adding Kardashian clan as “the most remarkable people of our time.” He’s in love people. Let’s be happy for him.
- Big Sean was there and posted pictures on his Instagram about it. Boys for life.
- Jay Z and Beyonce were not in attendance…and posted a picture about it. Instead of hitting up Florence, the two opted for a weekend in the Hamptons.
- Blac Chyna was in attendance. Tyga was her plus one.
- Kylie Jenner and Jaden Smith might, or might not have been making out at the wedding…and Jaden sported a white batman suit.
- Lorraine Schwartz designed the couple’s custom wedding bands.
- Kanye surprised Kim by hiring Lana Del Rey to perform three songs at the event, which reportedly costed him $2.8 million. Lana’s reps haven’t confirmed anything yet.
- Love was in the air. John Legend and girlfriend Chrissy Teigen smooched it up all night in the black and white photo booth. Legend also serenaded the couple with “All of Me” for their first dance. That was sweet, but I wonder how much John Legend was charging…or was that some sort of wedding gift?
- Don’t know where you’re sitting? It’s all good. Guests’ names were engraved into the marble tables. BAWSE.
- According to a tweeted-out menu, guests dined on homemade mezzaluna pasta stuffed with ricotta, herb-crusted monkfish filet, beef filet with brunello di Montalcino sauce, strawberry sorbet and wedding cake. The grand total for the exquisite meal fell somewhere around $110,000.
Rumor has it the couple is celebrating their honeymoon in Ireland though not for as long as we’d think. Ye’s stylist is set to get married this weekend and the Wests will be in attendance. In the meantime, North West is at home kicking’ it with Grandma Kris. Congrats KimYe!