The latest Rap Radar podcast features Anthony Saleh, manager for rappers like Nas, Future, and YG. Elliott Wilson and B. Dot talk to the 28-year-old Saleh about how he got started managing Nas, difficulties they’ve had in their relationship, and what we can expect from Esco in future.
One of the craziest things he revealed was how Nas’ biggest regret during his career was skipping out on a studio session for Lauryn Hill’s Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. Check out a couple more gems from the interview below, and listen to the whole thing here.
- Common was supposed to have a third verse on “Fried Chicken” talking about watermelon.
- Nas hates Hip-Hop is Dead
- Saleh started managing Future in August 2014, two months before Monster
- Future’s team told L.A. Reid they wanted to drop an album without any single and continue to work songs from Monster, Beast Mode and 56 Nights
- Saleh says the #FutureHive memes were a huge part of Future’s push
- “All my artists are dropping albums next year.”